Employment Benefits Include:
- Competitive Pay and BenefitsWhether you are looking for part-time work or a full time career. UND Aerospace provides a competitive pay schedule and employer-sponsored benefits.
- Room for AdvancementSuccessful self-motivated flight instructors will have opportunities to join the management team.
- Flexible ScheduleOperating out of Crookston Municipal Airport, flight instructors are able to work flexible hours to get their student’s flight training complete each semester.
- Glass Cockpit and Tailwheel AircraftUND Aerospace in Crookston operates glass-panel Piper Warriors and a Top Cub tailwheel aircraft that goes on floats in the summer months.
- Provide Flight Instruction within the FAR 141 CurriculaThe structured Part 141 curricula and supporting training materials allow the flight instructor to provide quality instruction to their students. Tools available include online teaching aids, podcasts, and course and maneuver guidance manuals.
- Aircraft MaintenanceUND Aerospace is known for our well maintained aircraft. Aircraft are maintained on a FAA approved program and quality control is monitored by UND’s Part 145 Repair station.
- Standardized ProceduresAircraft Standardization manuals provide detailed information and explanations of procedures, maneuvers, and how to perform them.
- Computerized Scheduling and RecordsThe Aviation Information Management System (AIMS) is designed to facilitate the management of aircraft, students, flight instructors, and both flight and academic records.
- Records DepartmentThe flight records department provides support to the flight instructors and students by maintaining accurate flight records and ensuring all TSA requirements are met prior to the start of flight training.
- Standards and Safety DepartmentsEvery professional aviation organization places safety and standard operating procedures as two of their highest priorities. UND has both Safety and Standards departments to work with flight instructors and students on those respective areas.
- All Weather Flying ExperienceYes, we have all four seasons - experience them all at UND Aerospace. If you don't like the weather, don't worry, it will change.
UND Aerospace Flight Training Center in Crookston, Minnesota is looking for professional flight instructors to provide flight instruction within the 141 curricula.
We emphasize safety, standardization, and customer service. UND Aerospace operates with a management culture that is based on teamwork rather than micro management.
UND Aerospace has partnered with the University of Minnesota offering the same quality flight instruction, but our students are pursuing aviation careers in Natural Resources, Law Enforcement, and Agriculture.
Training is specialized to include more tailwheel related experiences for our students. If you have tailwheel experience and want to continue to fly tailwheel aircraft, Crookston will be a natural fit.
- FAA Flight Instructor Certificate
- Valid FAA Class III Medical Certificate
- Ability to work in the United States
Preferred Requirements include:
- Tailwheel experience – Dual given
To apply for a UND Aerospace Flight Instructor position in Crookston, MN
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email. We will schedule a phone interview shortly after we have received your information. Please send all information to Site Manager – Jacob Canty
Jason Bensley – Site Manager